‘Take A Walk On The Wild Side...’ with Nikki Hill
Clinical Nutritionist, Medical Herbalist and Naturopath specialising in women’s hormonal health. Founder of Nikki Hill Apothecary
1. What advice do you have for new parents?
Every baby is different so trust your instinct and don’t compare.
2. What superpower do you wish you had as a parent?
Telepathy – it’d be great to know what is going on in their minds sometimes!
3. What skills have you best learnt about yourself through becoming and being a parent?
To be more patient and present.
4. If you could have any help in any area as a parent what would it be?
To continue to be more patient and present!
5. What are your favourite tips and skills that you might share with others about your parenting?
My children are very good eaters and I believe it’s because I introduced them to lots of different flavours, textures and food early on. Don’t let your own food bias determine what they eat. Let them try olives, anchovies, sardines, pickles, seaweed, avocados – you may be surprised what they like!
6. Are there any books / links / quotes that have really helping you on your parenting journey?
I absolutely loved reading ‘Hurray for Gin’ by Kate Kirby. I have never laughed so much as I did reading her book. It’s real, honest and you realise that parenthood is not perfect and everyone is just doing the best they can.
7. What’s your child’s favourite book?
The Gruffalo. Or any book written by Julia Donaldson.
8. What are you grateful for?
I am grateful for my life and my wonderful family and friends.